Monday, August 25, 2008

BUY MY LAMB!

I am now taking orders for whole and half lambs. I've listed an approximate breakdown of what cuts you'd receive, but if you have specific requests (bone-in legs, shoulder chops, etc.) that can be arranged.

Whole Lamb $9/lb
30-35 lbs of meat
here is the approximate breakdown:
4 shanks
16 rib chops (or racks)
4# loin chops
10-12# boneless leg
2-3# stew meat
8# ground meat

Half Lamb $10/lb
14-17 lbs of meat
(half of the above cuts)
2 shanks
8 rib chops (or racks)
2# loin chops
5-6# boneless leg
1-2# stew meat
3-5# ground meat

organs (heart, liver, kidneys) $5/lb


The meat will be processed at Willow Glen Meats located in San Jose. If you are really interested in getting some meat, but don't think you can manage a half or whole, let me know and I'll see if I can find someone for you to share it with. Feel free to forward this to friends and family. I will also be selling whole lambs wholesale for restaurants, etc.

FYI: This lamb has been naturally raised. I have been following organic practices for lamb production--no chemical wormers (I use garlic juice and rotational grazing for parasite control), no antibiotics or hormones, grazing on organic pasture, and feeding spent organic grain from the Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery and (since July) certified organic alfalfa hay. The exception is that the lambs were fed conventional alfalfa hay for the first few months of their lives until I was able to purhase a truckload of organic hay. They have been castrated but their tails were not docked. They've also gotten a lot of personal love and attention!

TO PLACE AN ORDER, OR FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ME AT:
rebeccajaneking@gmail.com
831-406-0213

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters