Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Think Organic. Drink Organic. (Pee in the Bathroom.)



I think I mentioned before my delight at sourcing a local, FREE, organic source of grain for my sheep at Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery. Not only are they a lovely group of folks, their new tap room has become the hotspot for the crunchy, hipster, organic beer-drinking crowd for Friday night happy hours. This is a welcome develop for me because it means that when I make my trip to pick up fresh grain for the weekend I can also feel like I have a social life and still get home in time to milk. (Although there have been a few late night milkings after happy hours, I am ashamed to admit. Sorry Girls!) It also gives me an opportunity to meet cute men as I usually need to ask for help loading the barrels of wet grain into the back of my truck! Unfortunately, the brewery has become a victim of its own success, and its "earthy" clientele who like to releive themselves in the great outdoors (namely next to the railroad tracks.) They've had to hire a bouncer to make sure everyone stays out of the parking lot and relieves themselves in the proper facilities! Anyway, I would like to encourage anyone in the area to come by and check out your local microbrewery or order their beers at your favorite local eatery. My favorite is the brown ale but the sheep prefer the lighter brews like the pale. The more beer you drink the more grain for my sheep--I really think it has added a nice earthy nuttiness to the milk!

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Tana Butler said...

Rebecca, I laughed out loud at the whole thing. I've never been there, but I will happily send people on my blog if it helps your sheep lactate. Or scamper. Or frolic.

You, too, for that matter.

: D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters