Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mystery Novel Mystery

So I just finished reading a mystery novel in which the main character sleuths were a flock of sheep. The book was Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann. It arrived in the mail from some book company in London with an invoice addressed to Becky King (a name I only use with family and friends and never when ordering anything through the mail) and a zero balance. There was no information about who had sent the book or where it came from, and I could not for the life of me remember every ordering it. The only person I could think of who would be surfing the internet, see a novel about sheep and think to send it to me was my sister Heather, but she begged innocence. She suggested some family friends who had recently been in London, but they didn't mention it the next time I saw them. So, someone out there thought I might like a novel about sheep and sent it to me. Thanks! It was actually a pretty good read. A decent mystery and insight into the inner thoughts of sheep--and yeah a lot of them are really stupid. This book was obviously written by someone who's spent a lot of time around animals and developed a healthy affection for them. So if you get a chance check it out. And if anyone else feels like anonymously mailing me books I won't stop you--although cash always makes the best present!

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger alj said...

im going to the basque in march and wanted to check out and possibly work/help out on a cheese farm got any suggestions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
free hit counters